a victoria p

birdiebirdbird@gmail.com
brooklyn

26 September 2007

your forearm strangling my neck is no reason to forget why love probably does still exist, somewhere else.

(now let me up)

The sun rises in Brooklyn. I smell sweaty and stale and am scathed and smoked-drenched from today’s adventures. I visited blocks where shadows of years before danced along the sidewalks. I remembered what cars were parked where, what old store fronts there used to be; whose hand I had once held in that very place. I even remembered when you looked at me and told me i was beautiful with utmost sincerity, not after even looking, looking at me, but after something seemingly intelligent that i must have said, that escapes me now. I even remembered when you told me i could have anything i wanted in this city, if i worked really hard for it. and, not in the same way a god would dictate it, or a lesson would be learned over and over again by default, but in the way a kid from colorado would be naive but also convincing in his wits, none the less, would say it.

There are rug-burns on my chest and shins and one on my inner ankle I cannot explain. It feels as though I had been riding a horse all day but I’m not even certain what that feels like. I am listening to an old, long lost soundtrack, which automatically puts me on the rooftops of a Paris I have never visited. And I am caught in Greenpoint, looking back at a city that I will never fully understand, but love and loathe, in all its flaws.


Tonight I dropped my cell phone and somewhat recently purchased I-pod in a toilet of a place I am not even certain I wanted to be at, when I was there. The discrepancy of where I should have been arose just before, when I sat still on my couch, with what I imagine looked like bug-eyes.


It is six thirty in the morning. I have not slept a wink. I have meandered around the streets of Greenpoint for late-night sandwiches and ginger ale, barefoot in a sundress with no underwear, at that, and I kid you not. I have twisted and turned in a place that I thought I could sleep in. I have ended up alone, with an omnipotent sunrise, and am caught thinking of you.

Yann Tiersen is so precise in his piano playing. It’s almost sickening; in its lowest most, drawn out parts, it is absolutely hysterical. I have tried to recreate it, and I do not believe it is about being an expert pianist (although I am not, in the least) as much as is it about feeling the individual tear-soaked emotion that he may or may have when he plays, depending if he may or may not want to have it.

I smile before I go to bed, no matter how bad the day. I get dressed in the morning.


Because of you—how juvenile that is, in its purest form. Which reminds me why I love children and how I hope I never forget the time I was once one myself.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


My roommates are up, getting ready for work. My face is swollen from hysterics and the hour itself. Autumn has not been a good season for me, for a few years past, but I love and welcome it just the same.




I nearly feel the same way about you.

No comments:

 
Get free html for hit counter .